We are pleased to announce the release of Gideros 2016.12.
The biggest new improvements in this release are to the export system. Being able to make exports easier is currently our highest priority. See: http://giderosmobile.com/forum/discussion/6800/direct-apk-export
Important note: Not tested on AppleTV or Windows RT/UWP.
If you export to these platforms then please confirm all ok on this thread.
I will test on AppleTV as soon as I can, but my version of xcode was not up to date enough to play on the latest version of TVOS - I'm downloading it now though!
With some of the main team members unavailable over Christmas, we thought that it would be best to release this now - possible bugs and all. If you find any issues then we can fix them in a 2016.12.1 release after the holiday period.
- Beginnings of XML test code for Microsoft Ads (Windows RT/UWP)
- Requires plugin: This specifies requirements for the manifest and other slight adjustments
- Lua <-> XML bridge for plugin system with ios export lib in Lua
- Plugin system download third party libs automatically (cached)
- Full orientation option for apps that are both portrait and landscape
- App Name in project properties so it can be different than the project name
- Camera plugin: Added mandatory option
- Camera plugin: Added usage description (ios)
- Gaming plugin: Updated to latest Google and Amazon libs
- IAB plugin: Updated to latest Google and Amazon libs and helpers
- Apk and Android Studio export: Now fully exports Admob (untested), AppLovin and Chartboost for Ads plugin
- Apk and Android Studio export: Now fully exports Google Play and Amazon Game Circle for Gaming plugin
- Added information to Android manifest for Android and Fire TV compatibility
- Apk and Android Studio export: Now fully exports Google and Amazon payment systems for IAB plugin
- No encryption if not required
- Apk and Android Studio export: Now fully exports Flurry plugin
- Apk and Android Studio export: Now fully exports Controller plugin
- Android apps will now prefer to be installed on external memory (Google and Amazon preferred method)
- Permission to write to external storage now only asked for if player
- AppLovin ads plugin: needed onRefresh()
- Particle init time reference wasn't set to zero on init
- Renamed TV icon to TV Banner
- Fixed studio crash if you tinkered with plugin settings too much
- Fixed lua context issues
- Fixed iab crash due to nil string
- Icon, splash and banner images were not being compressed
- Bitcode was being exported for ios simulator libs
- Fixed MovieClip reference holding
- Fixed typo in facebook plugin